Top 5 Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
Do you ever sit and envy people who get frequent body massages? There is an amazing transformation that happens to your body when you get such care for different parts thereof.
Even then, some people need body massages for treatment. Some health problems are best treated through physical therapy, which largely involves deep tissue massages.
What Is A Deep Tissue Massage?
It is a type of body massage that targets to deep tissues of your body, that is the innermost layers of your muscles and connective tissues. This massage usually involves the use of repeated deep strokes that apply sustained pressure to your tissues. The technique is done slowly and steadily so that the body can respond accordingly to the massage.
This type of massage is not like the typical massage techniques offered for pleasure and purposes of relaxation. The main focus of deep tissue massages is that of treating strained muscles and ligaments to improve the quality of your life by boosting your body’s functionality. Still, the massage can be targeted to one particular area of your body, or be performed on your whole body.
When Is A Deep Tissue Massage Necessary?
This kind of body massage is not something you go for when you need a change of routine activities. It is different from a Swedish massage that offers similar outcomes to your body but serves the role of relaxation and pleasure. People who need deep tissue massage often need it for medical reasons, which is why you must talk to a chiropractor near you before considering the massage. Some of the situations that necessitate deep tissue massage are:
- Sports injuries
- High blood pressure
- Chronic back pain
- Tennis elbow
- Post-surgery recovery
- Plantar fasciitis
- Stiff necks
What Are the Benefits of Deep Tissue Massages?
- Speeding up the healing and recovery process – deep tissue massage is a technique used in physiotherapy to help patients with their recovery process after traumatic eventualities. Deep tissue massage near you will also help promote faster healing when you have sustained certain injuries in your body. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the affected area, as well as reducing inflammation thereof.
- Breaking down scar tissue – when you are involved in an accident or injury, your body will form scar tissue in the process of healing. The scar tissue may place unnecessary strain and tension in that area of your body. A deep tissue massage by your chiropractor in 98662 will help break down those scar tissues in your body getting rid of any stiffness you may have in that area of your body.
- Treating back pain – local chiropractors in Vancouver recommend deep tissue massages for patients with chronic back pain. When you have a chronic illness for your back, sometimes there is no cure. However, therapies that involve deep tissue massaging help reduce the pain and discomfort on your back, allowing you to function much better.
- Relieving stress – physical stress can cause you a great deal of discomfort. It is why athletes in high contact sports are recommended to get periodical deep tissue massages to help relieve physical, and eventually internal stress. Besides, a great massage is a nice way to unplug from a busy life and enjoy some time alone.
- Lows heart rate and blood pressure – one of the reasons why deep tissue massage can be used in the treatment of high blood pressure, is that it helped improve blood flow in your body. The massage also promotes relaxation and good feelings, which impacts blood pressure.
Should You Get A Deep Tissue Massage?
Amazing and effective as it may be, deep tissue massage is not for everyone. The number one requirement you should attend to before getting the deep tissue massage is an overall health diagnosis for your body. This way, you can know more about your health and whether or not the deep tissue massage would work for you. Some of the reasons you should avoid this massage are:
- Cancer or cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiology
- High-risk pregnancy
- Low pain threshold
- Blood clotting disorders