What Does Deep Tissue Massage Therapy Entail
If you are experiencing muscle pain, soreness or stress, resulted from a strain or injury or just musculoskeletal problems, you must visit a chiropractor near you for a deep tissue massage therapy. A deep tissue massage is an unconventional massage technique that can solve various conditions. The therapy realigns the deeper layers of your muscle tissues, and prevents you from chronic aches and contracted areas including a stiff neck leg muscle tightness, low back pain, and sore shoulders.
What’s Deep Tissue Massage?
A deep tissue massage is a type of therapy that uses firm pressure and low strokes, a technique known as stripping to massage deep muscle layers and fascia, the connective tissue surrounding your muscles. When the massage commences, your therapist starts with lighter pressure to warm up your muscles and then works into deeper pressure progressively. The muscle adhesions, which are bands of painful, rigid muscles, are broken down. With the adhesions broken down, circulation is allowed, reducing the inflammation, pain and tension in your muscle and tissue.
Benefits of a Deep Tissue Massage
Getting a deep tissue massage in Vancouver, WA, provides you with relaxation and focuses on your physical fitness. It involves treatment of muscle stiffness, pain and psychological benefits like helping to unwind mentally. Here’s is the significant role of deep massage therapy:
- Undergoing deep tissue massage relaxes your body and leads to a soothing effect, and this makes it a great stress reliever. Whether you are experiencing stress at home or work, getting a massage is an excellent way to free your mind and relax for an extended period. It can also help with physical symptoms of stress, such as tension headaches, tight muscles and shoulders. The therapy addresses these problems and helps your body relax.
- Deep tissue massage handles numerous conditions that cause pain and stress to your tissues. Deep tissue therapy handles chronic pain in your lower back and stiff neck. Muscle tension that mostly arises with chronic pain can also be reduced with deep tissue therapy, as it makes your tight tissue clusters lose.
- Deep tissue massage has positive effects on your systolic, diastolic, and arterial blood pressure. It reduces stress and tension, which impacts blood pressure. The massage can also increase the production of serotonin, a hormone that triggers good feelings and happiness.
- Your scar tissue can lead to chronic pain and stiffness. Regular deep tissue massages can help break up your scar tissue by improving lymphatic circulation and drainage to improve flexibility and range of motion in the area of the scar tissue. If you are recovering from surgery, your specialist may recommend you to get deep tissue massages to minimize scar tissue.
- Deep tissue massage therapy is used to treat various arthritis symptoms, like pain, stiffness, limited range of motion in joints, and sleep issues. The applied moderate pressure reduces arthritis pain and eases tension, allowing you to move around without straining if you have arthritis.
- If you have injured muscles, a deep tissue massage can help stretch tight or twisted muscles and facilitate toxins from your muscles. Deep tissue massage therapy is used frequently to treat sports-related injuries. In case you have faced an injury during rigorous activities, deep tissue can help delay the onset of muscle soreness, muscle fatigue, and prevention from injuries.
Are You An Ideal Candidate For Deep Tissue Massage?
After a deep tissue massage, you’re likely to experience soreness and a heating pad or a cold pack wrapped in a towel helps to relieve your discomfort. Firm pressure is harmless to your tissues people, but you need to consult your doctor before undertaking therapy. You can be exempted from deep tissue massage if you:
- Have a history of blood clotting disorder
- Are taking blood thinners
- Suffer from a bleeding disorder
- Are undergoing cancer treatment, like chemotherapy or radiation
- Have an open wound or skin infection
- Are pregnant
The chiropractor near you may recommend you to avoid deep massage therapy if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. The condition may spread into your bones, leading to fractures. At Hoffman chiropractic, we use advanced lasers to perform deep tissue therapy and alleviate your pain. Please make an appointment with us today and find quality chiropractic services, including deep tissue massage in Vancouver, WA.